An MSc by Research is a practical course based on a single research project under the training and supervision of one of our Research Leaders. It will give you hands-on experience of your specialism and can be used in preparation for a PhD.
Examples of projects in Life Sciences include:
- Molecular approaches to investigate ecological adaptation in fungi
- Developing marker technology in Parsnip (Pastinaca sativa) to improve breeding efficiency
- Modelling the population dynamics and interactions of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum
- Antimicrobial drug design: targeting the ATP dependent ligases of peptidoglycan biosynthesis
- Expression of antibiotic resistance genes in Streptomyces species; the evolution of resistance in non-clinical environments
- Structure and mechanism of the Tat protein transporter
- The role of teat lesions in mastitis in sheep: associations and risks
- Development and use of a multiplex PCR to detect common mastitis pathogens in ewe's milk
How to apply
Applicants must satisfy the admissions requirements for degree level and English language.
Find out how to apply