Ørberg, H.H. (2011) Familia Romana
This must be in print form, please.
Familia Romana and associated handouts will be sufficient to teach you the language. If you want more practice or do not understand some feature, you should talk to your module tutor in the first instance.
The following may be helpful if you want to check features of the language:
- Morwood, J. (1999) Latin Grammar
- Taylor, J. (2017) Essential Latin GCSE
- Older editions can often be found second hand: these are fine.
If you want to buy a dictionary, the following are recommended:
- Traupman, J. (2007) Bantam New College Latin and English Dictionary
- Morwood, J. (2005) Pocket Oxford Latin Dictionary
- Collins Latin Dictionary and Grammar (2016)
The development of the language
If you are interested in following up the history of Latin, you will find the following a good place to start. These will be of particular interest to those studying Italian alongside Latin.
- Janson, T. (2004) A Natural History of Latin
- Solodow, J.B. (2010) Latin Alive [available as an e-book]
- Ostler, N. (2007) Ad infinitum: a Biography of Latin
- Allen, W.S. (2008) Vox Latina 2nd Edition