Poetry and poetics 1750-present, literature and religion, eighteenth and nineteenth-century literature and culture, philosophy and literature, religion and ecology, affect theory. I'm a member of Critical Environments and the Centre for Research in Philosophy and Literature; and founded the research groups CoRAL Comparative Religions and Literatures in 2011 and PAW (Poetry at Warwick) in 2016.
My book Christina Rossetti: Poetry, Ecology, Faith (Oxford University Press), for which I received a Leverhulme Research Fellowship, was published in 2018. I'm currently working on Weird Faith in Nineteenth-Century Literature: Theologies at Work (with Mark Knight, Bloomsbury); and editing a new edition of the dialect poetry of William Barnes (with Tom Burton, Edinburgh University Press). Future projects include a book study of 'weak thinking' and religion and an edition of the writing of ecopoet, Peter Larkin.
- Associate, Queen Mary Centre for Religion and Literature in English
- Association for the Study of Literature & the Environment
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Associate Fellow of the English Association
- British Association of Romantic Studies
- British Association of Victorian Studies