What we do
- Sustained engagement with a wide range of actors in the cultural sector through our weekly Warwick Thursday events.
- Excellent links with alumni through Facebook, Twitter, and events at which alumni speak with students about creating careers in the arts.
- Increased national and international profile as a literary incubator, first through the successes of our staff and our graduates, and more recently with our new prize for Women in Translation and our involvement with the Sunday Times Young Writer Award.
- Underpinned by an ethos that holds writers to be creators, not just on the page, but in the cultural sector generally.
- Commitment to contemporary and experimental narratives, including screenwriting, translation, gaming, spoken word performances and fieldwork.
- Create positive and permanent links to writers of the Midlands through outreach to schools and a year-round festival of visiting authors and industry specialists.
- Foster international partnerships with educational institutions and universities (Monash, NYU, etc), writers’ organisations and publishers.
What you can do
- Check out our work with Sunday Times Young Writer of The Year Award.
- Visit The Writers' Room - the first purpose-built space for writers in a UK university.
- Join our Facebook group or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news on events and to suggest ideas.
- Take part in Warwick Thursdays (formerly LitBiz) and meet writers, publishers and many others in the industry!
- Search and listen to over 200 recordings with our Writers at Warwick archive