This page features:

Archival and written resources

(in digital format; for printed materials see ‘Printed Primary Sources‘)

 Bibliothek Greifswald

Manuscripts of the Bibliothek des Geistlichen Ministeriums, an early modern parish library, in the Dom of St Nikolai at Greifswald / Germany. Photo: BK.

Audio resources:

Benefactions table Thame

Table of benefactions for the poor of Thame (Oxon.) [Photo: BK]

Visual and material resources:

lyddington_rails_1635.jpg lyddington_cw_fowler__jordan_1635.jpg

Somewhat against the spirit of the Laudian reforms (aiming to re-enhance the ‘beauty of holiness’ through moving altars to the east wall of chancels and demarcating them by means of a rail), the parishioners of St Andrew, Lyddington (Rutland), railed their communion table on all four sides (left). The work was carried out in 1635 under the supervision of the vicar, Richard Rudd, and the churchwardens, Kenolm Fowler and Nicholas Jordan (initials on the right). Photos: BK.