I am a third year PhD student in the Mathematic for Real-World Systems CDT. My main area of research is in Machine Learning and its applications in healthcare. I am work on developing methodolgies for transfer learning and multitask learning for Gaussian Process models (of the shallow and deep varieties!). I am also interested in probabilistic modelling in general and scaling its applications through Variational Inference.
- MSc in Mathematics for Real-World Systems from the University of Warwick 2015-2016
- Master of Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics from the University of Warwick 2011- 2015
- I am currently working on my PhD project: Mutitask and Transfer Learning in Gaussian Process Models for Medical Applications. I am supervised by Dr Richard Savage from the Departement of Statistics and the Zeeman Institute at Warwick.
- I worked on a project on Identifying Illegal Trading and Market Manipulation using Machine Learning. This project was in collabration with Spectra Analytics supervised by Dr Dan Sprague and Dr Marcus Ong from Spectra Analytics, and Professor Mark Girolami from the Department of Statistics at Warwick.
- I worked with Peter De Ford, Laura Guzman, Alvaro Cabrejas and Guillem Mosquera on Intelligent Mobility Applications for the UK Strategic Road Network. This project was in collaboration with the Thales Group, under the supervision of Dr Colm Connaughton.
- I worked under the supervision of Dr Ben Graham on Extracting Information from Facial Images Using Artificial Neural Networks.
- I worked with the Visualisation Group at the Warwick Manufacting Group, and contributed to creating a framework for encoding and decoding High Dynamic Range sequences in Matlab.
- Gaussian Processes
- Multitask and Transfer Learning
- Bayesian Inference (mainly Variational Inference)
- Statistical Machine Learning and Probabilistic Modelling
- Learning Representations
- Theory and Applications of Deep Learning