Great emphasis is being placed on computers today. This is especially true in the field of Information Technology where computers are used to store, retrieve and manipulate information.
This module trains the participants in the use of a Computer Language, enabling them to program and make use of the computing facilities available to them in the University. The emphasis will be on good design work and programming techniques, and the programming language used to illustrate these techniques will mainly be Java.
On completion, participants will be capable of:
- Designing and writing structured programs in an appropriate computer language.
- Editing and running their programs on PCs.
- Testing and developing programs to perform specific functions.
- Creating the documentation for a program.
- Program Design work
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Programming Language Editor
- Programming Language structure
- Programming Language syntax
- Programming Techniques
- Program Documentation
- Programming Language laboratory exercises
- Program running & testing
Method of Assessment
Post Module Assignment