Duncan has worked at IER as a research associate since December 2007. He previously worked at the Industrial Relations Research Unit (IRRU), Warwick Business School between 2005 and 2007. He rejoined IRRU in 2014 to work on a contract to supply updates to Eurofound - the contract being held jointly between IRRU and IER. Since October 2015 he has worked at IER on a 20% contract and been undertaking a PhD in Warwick Business School, which is being funded by a WBS scholarship.
Duncan is also currently vice-president of the Warwick Branch of the UCU.
Selected recent publications
- Adam, D. Atfield, G. and Green, A. (2017). 'What works? Policies for employability in cities'. Urban Studies. 54(5): 1162-1177. DOI: 10.1177/0042098015625021
- Adam, D. and Green, A. (2016). 'Soft spaces and soft outcomes: Experiences from City Strategy on local partnership working and measures of success'. Environment and Planning A 48 (8), 1514-1531 doi:10.1177/0308518X16642225
Adam, D., Purcell, J. and Hall, M. (2016) 'Churn and Stability in Workforce Consultation Arrangements using WERS Panel Data' Research Paper, Ref 01/16. London: Acas
- Saundry, R., Adam, D., Ashman, I., Forde, C., Wibberley, G. and Wright, S. (2016) 'Managing individual conflict in the contemporary British workplace' Research Paper, Ref 02/16. London: Acas
- Adam, D. and Markey, R. (2015) 'Comparing Employee Voice in Australia and the UK: AWRS and WERS' Australia, Fair Work Commission
- Adam, D., Purcell, J. and Hall, M. (2014) 'Joint consultative committees under the Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations: A WERS analysis', Research Paper, Ref: 04/14. [Research Paper]
All conference presentations