Changes to childcare vouchers from October 2018

The childcare voucher scheme is no longer open to new applicants and current members must have had at least one voucher deduction in the last 12 months. If it is more than 12 months since your last childcare voucher deduction, your eligibility has lapsed.

What are my other options?

You may qualify for tax-free childcare instead – find out more on the website. However, you won’t be able to continue to claim childcare vouchers if you successfully apply for tax-free childcare. In this instance, you’d need to cancel your Computershare vouchers with Computershare and also inform of the change within 90 days.

I’m already part of the scheme – will I be affected?

If you have already joined Computershare, you can continue to receive your vouchers as long as you stay employed by the University and you don’t take an unpaid career break of longer than a year. You can continue to redeem any vouchers you currently have – there is no deadline for using them.

I have some questions – who can I contact?

Please contact Computershare to ask more specific questions about the scheme or the changes to it.

The University operates a scheme whereby employees can opt to receive childcare vouchers in return for sacrificing part of their salary. As vouchers are non-taxable and exempt from National Insurance, significant savings can be made.