This session will develop your understanding of Autism spectrum disorders as well as provide you with strategies and knowledge to support colleagues, collaborators and students within Higher Education & its associated activities ie research and teaching.
Who should attend?
Research Active Staff (Research, Academic or Teaching terms & conditions) who want to develop their understanding and knowledge.
We do not accept applications from postgraduates or research students. Students should refer to the Student Career and Skills website for details of workshops designed specifically to meet their needs.
- To develop understanding of autism including Asperger Syndrome
- To increase awareness of how autism may affect staff, colleagues, collaborators and students and why.
- To discuss practical strategies to enable research active staff to work effectively with colleagues, collaborators and or students who have autism.
- To discuss reasonable adjustments and best practice.
- To review research and statistics based on employment and barriers staff and students might face transitioning into the workplace and the work environment.
Feedback and quotes from previous 'Autism Awareness & Communication and Management Strategies for Research Active Staff ' workshops:
Catherine Leggett, The National Autistic Society