A collaboration between R&IS and LDC (RAS)
An interactive practical workshop to take researchers currently using social media channels digital communication skills to the next level. The workshop will include:
- Identifying and engaging with key stakeholders
- Increasing engagement and building communities online
- Evaluating and evidencing activity
Who should attend?
Research Active Staff (Research, Academic or Teaching terms & conditions) who already use twitter (personal or group profiles) and want to know how to get more from social media channels.
We do not accept applications from postgraduates or research students. Students should refer to the Student Career and Skills website for details of workshops designed specifically to meet their needs.
- Create a stakeholder map
- Take away tips and tricks to target and engage audiences
- Increase understanding of online communities, where to find them and how to create your own
- Learn about social media metrics and how to evaluate online activity
Feedback from November 2017 Cohort:
- 'This course provided loads of helpful ideas - I'm going away with tools that will help me improve my Twitter game'
Naomi Mottram, Energy GRP Administrator, Engineering
- 'A really useful, eye-opening course that I'm certain will help me to consider my future use of Twitter more objectively'.
Alex Buxton, Research Communications Manager, R&IS and Katie Irgin, Research Impact Manager, R&IS.