Conference papers given
- 'The Anti-Christ(ian)?: Comparing Christian and Saracen Disguise in the Old French Chansons de Geste'. Paper given at University of Cambridge French Graduate Research Seminar, May 11th 2010.
- 'Performing the Self, Performing the Other: Gender and Racial Identity Construction in the Nanteuil Cycle' at the 19th Annual Conference of the Women's History Network, 10th-12th September 2010, University of Warwick.
'The Good, the Bad and the Godly: Saracens, Community and Communitas in Gautier de Coinci's Miracles de Nostre Dame' given at the Department of French Studies Seminar Series, 17 th November 2010, University of Warwick.
- 'Gender and Generation: Temporal Dislocation in Idyllic and Epic Romance', at the Gender and Medieval Studies Conference, Gender, Time and Memory, 6th-8th January 2011, Swansea University.
- 'Race, Ritual and Representing the Saracen in Gautier de Coinci's Miracles de Nostre Dame', at the Newberry Library Postgraduate Conference, 27th-29th January 2011, Chicago USA.
- 'Transcending the Faith: the Virtual Saracen in the Old French Vie des Pè res', at the University of Warwick French Postgraduate Conference, 11th March 2011.
- 'The Saracen Continuum: Medieval 'Race' and the Question of Semantics', Poster Presented at the Réseau-F Postgraduate Study Day, University of Southampton, 7th June 2011.
- 'Les Sarrasins du sud: la (re)présentation des sarrasins dans les chansons de geste occitanes', at the Xème Congrès de l’Association Internationale d’Etudes Occitanes, 12th-19th June 2011, Béziers.
- 'On the Problematising of Race and Gender in Medieval Literature: Some Key Considerations', Powerpoint presentation at the Warwick French Postgraduate Study Day, 24th June 2011.
- 'Divining Difference: Saracens and Social Order in Gautier de Coinci's Miracles de Nostre Dame,' at the IMS Symposium 2011: Ordo, 30th June-2nd July 2011, Paris.
- 'The Compass Always Points...East? Normativity and Medieval Orientalism', at the Réseau-F Postgraduate Study Day, University of Warwick, 21st November 2011.
- 2001 Group Annual Postgraduate Conference, 'Histoire(s), 5th March 2010, University of Warwick - steered the organisation committee. To view the conference programme, please click here.
- 'Voicing the Community: Questioning Gender and Race in French and Francophone Literature' , University of Warwick, Saturday 4th February 2012. This event is co-organised with Virginie Sauzon and is funded through a doctoral fellowship award from Warwick Humanities Research Centre (HRC)
To view the Call for Papers (Deadline 15th October 2011), click here
- Attended the Emile Zola Society event, 'Zola and the Paris he Lived in' at the French Institute, London (February 2010).
- 'Ryght as it is ymad in France', St Hilda's College Oxford, 20th March 2010.
- Postgraduate Conference 'Preaching, Teaching, Manipulating', Reading, 10th June 2010.
- Session organiser for 'Medieval Race: Ambiguity, Conflation and Conversion' at the Leeds IMC 2012 where I will be speaking on 'Space, Place and Medieval Race: The Case of Evalach in the Estoire del Saint Graal'.